Do you want to help us come up with novel ideas to enable cyber operations and safeguard cyber security for the Netherlands and its international partners? Do you have a passion for the Defense & Safety sector and are you a Security Researcher with relevant experience, but more importantly a lot of drive and creativity? Then we are looking for you to strengthen the Secura Defense and Safety team.
👀 What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Security Researcher based in Eindhoven or Amsterdam. In this role, you will be part of a dedicated team of passionate security professionals performing (vulnerability) research and doing design work on demonstrators and MVPs for Secura and our customers. You will try to solve real-world problems, focusing on identifying threats and opportunities and coming up with ways to mitigate or exploit them while working closely with the other specialists within Secura. Our projects focus on a broad and varying spectrum of technical applications and concepts, like communication and networking solutions, security applications, RF applications, and IoT devices. Ideally, you excel in your IT security research skills as well as your ability to communicate with colleagues and customers.
🦸🏽♂️ As a Security Researcher you will:
- Stay on top of new academic and domain-related research and its possible application to practical use cases
- Conduct research and experimentation to identify exploitable vulnerabilities or functional opportunities for our customer’s use cases, in various platforms and technology stacks across devices and services (i.e. Android/IoS devices, mobile applications, Operating Systems, common RF applications like 4G/5G, Wi-Fi, BT, Zigbee, and common cloud services)
- Develop detailed technical documentation or presentations describing identified vulnerabilities, opportunities, and threats, as well as associated impact and recommendations for customers
- Develop demonstrators or MVPs, as well as the associated road maps and plans to manage the development effort
📚 What you need to have:
- Master’s Degree in a related area (i.e. Computer Science, Information Security or Applied Physics)
- Proven experience in performing technical research and innovation, including dissemination of findings through reports or presentations;
- Experience in embedded/IoT device security or web services security specifically, with experience in performing software security audits, vulnerability discovery, and analysis.
- Experience with common software security vulnerabilities and methods of exploitation, such as memory corruption, privilege escalation, web application exploitation, file format vulnerabilities, protocol-based weaknesses, etc.
- Experience with extracting firmware, reverse engineering a variety of hardware and software, including firmware, operating systems, and applications, binary analysis, and proof of concept exploit development.
- Knowledge of common wireless connectivity protocols with a focus on protocol or implementation security vulnerabilities (e.g. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 802.15.4, Zigbee) or hardware security mechanisms, including secure boot, trusted execution environments or operating system internals, and associated security issues with an emphasis on Linux, Android, and common RTOS environments
- Foundation in, and technical knowledge of, security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols, and applied cryptography.
- Knowledge of network and web-related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Proficiency in English, ideally also in Dutch
- Government vetting might be required for certain projects
At Secura we have:
We will offer you a challenging research and development position for a diverse portfolio of customer and internal projects. There is the freedom to explore cutting-edge developments in the market and perform research in order to solve real-world challenges. We also offer room for personal and professional growth. You will be part of an organization with a technical security heart where everyone wants to provide the highest quality services in the field of cyber security. You will join a team of passionate specialists and knowledge exchange is our top priority.
Secura is a fast-growing company with ambition. We are an organization with people who share that drive and ambition to reach for the stars. Especially in the collaboration with Bureau Veritas new opportunities for extreme growth are on the table for our ambitious and skilled team members to further scale up our team.
More importantly, the informal work atmosphere and open workspaces in Amsterdam and Eindhoven are illustrative of our open and driven character. Flexible working conditions and a good salary are included in our terms and conditions of employment package as well as a bonus scheme, being able to purchase additional days off and working from home.
🏆 Are you the Security Researcher we are looking for?
We would like to receive your resume and motivation letter by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have questions? Feel free to ask! Contact one of our Recruiters by telephone at +31 (0)88 888 3100 or email at email@example.com.
screening and assessments are part of the selection process and annual
social media screenings and check of a criminal record will be conducted.