GDPR Live! (Executive Overview)
With the entering into force of the GDPR, an EU-wide regulation is set for the processing of personal data. Designing and implementing sufficient controls to ensure continuous compliance with this regulation however, is quite a challenge. Moreover, the flood of interpretations, guidelines, frameworks etc., makes a complex subject even less transparent. It is essential for management to get a clear overview, and to practice how to deal with this major change in regulation, which has impact on all levels of the organization.
After the training you will gain an understanding of the main topics within the GDPR, and how these interact with each other. You will have a idea on how to determine the impact the GDPR has on your organization, the risks involved, and guidelines on how to address these risks.
A certificate of attendance will be presented at the end of the training.
This training is suitable for:
- Managers or consultants involved in GDPR compliance;
- Experts involved in GRC (Governance Risk Compliance) that need a better understanding of the impact and rule setting by the GDPR;
- Individual responsible for processing of personal data and complying with the GDPR accordingly.
Required skills & expertise
An initial understanding of the GDPR.
The duration of this training course is one day. The training starts with a short introduction of the goals, history and main context of the GDPR and relevant additional standards and regulation regarding the processing of personal data. We will furthermore discuss the following topics:
- Course objectives and structure;
- Goals and history of the GDPR;
- Additional standards and regulation;
- Personal data processing, controllers and processors;
- The role of the Data Protection Officer;
- Performing Privacy Impact Assessments;
- The rights of the data subject;
- Preparing for, and dealing with data breaches;
- Demonstrating compliance;
- Fines and Supervisory Authority.
- Recognize the domain of the GDPR and be able to place relevant guides, opinions and local implementations into context;
- A basic understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques available to effectively comply with the GDPR;
- Learn how the GDPR and UAVG (Uitvoeringswet AVG) might be interpreted in the specific context of an organization;
- Learn how to determine the priority issues.