Hands-on Hacking Workshop
Want to learn to think en act like a hacker? This is a fun and practical 1-day course to gain insight how hackers can break into your organization. First, you will see how an attacker will become the Domain Administrator of an organization after compromising the laptop of an employee. Afterwards, in a practical session, you will be able to setup a Raspberry Pi Zero as an attack platform to gain this first foothold in an organization.
This training is for people interested in understanding how hackers think to protect their organization better. This course is suitable for:
- White team/ blue team members;
- Starting ethical hackers;
- Mobile application developers;
- Technical staff involved in security management;
- Security enthusiasts.
Required skills & expertise
For this course you need some basic technical/programming skills as you will set up your own Raspberry Pi. Experience with the Linux command line is a plus.
In the one day hands-on-hacking workshop, we show you in the morning how a hacker works his way into your organization. And in the afternoon we teach you how to weaponize a Raspberry Pi Zero to carry out the initial attack into a company.
- Part 1: Ethical hacking
In this section we explain to you the basics around ethical hacking and the steps we follow: 1) Reconnaissance, 2) Scanning, 3) Gaining access, and 4) Reporting and security recommendations. We also explain the difference between various types of investigations.
- Part 2: Demo of stolen laptop scenario
Within this section we will show you in a live demo how one of our Senior Security Consultants becomes Domain Admin via a stolen laptop scenario. We jointly discuss and take the steps he takes to take over the entire network and organization.
- Part 3: Raspberry Pi as attack platform
During the afternoon you receive a Raspberry Pi Zero, which we jointly set up as an attack platform. We show you how to use it and walk through the steps to be able to exfiltrate credentials from a windows system.
Get into the mind of a hacker
- Understand the basic steps a hacker performs to take over your network
- Understand the basic types of security testing
- See these basic steps in practice in the stolen laptop scenario
- Set-up a Raspberry Pi Zero within one afternoon as an attack platform
- Learn to use a Raspberry Pi Zero as an attack platform
- Date: to be determined
Please fill out the form to be added to our email mailing list and we will keep you up-to-date on other workshops that become available. Of course we can organize an interactive session in your company. Please contact us for more information.
Good for me to see how easy it is to gain access
The following hands-on hacking workshops have been run in the past:
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- Secure messaging on your mobile, fact or fiction?
- From XSS to Domain Admin
- Hacking with a Teensy