ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor Training (Incl. PECB Certification)
This training course enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Information Security Management System (ISMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
Why should you attend?
The goal for this training course is:
- Understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001;
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011;
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team;
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit;
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011.
Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for:
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits;
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements;
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit;
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management.
Required skills & expertise
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
The duration of this training course is 5 days.
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
The training starts with a short introduction in standards and regulatory frameworks and Information Security Management Systems. This knowledge about the basic principles of ISMS is an absolute prerequisite to understand and clarify the Information Security objectives of the organisation and to analyse the existing management system.
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental principles of Information Security Management Systems
- Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Evidence based audit approach
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Stage 2 audit (Part 1)
Day 3: On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit (Part 2)
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and non-conformity reports
Day 4: Closing the audit
- Documentation of the audit and the audit quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluating action plans by the auditor
- Benefits of the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Closing the training
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP).
Unfortunately, the registration for this open class training is closed. If you would like to enquire about the possibility of hosting an interactive tailor-made threat modeling session in your company, please let us know via the contact form, by telephone +31 (0)88 888 31 00 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to check our agenda for more interactive training courses and hands-on hacking workshops that are open to join.
Want to be the first to know more about out latest training courses and workshops? Sign up here!