We are looking for an IoT Security expert
Internet of Things (IoT) is a rapidly growing industry that covers a large range of internet-connected products and related services. Security of IoT is an important aspect for many of our customers, ranging from the automotive industry and medical device manufacturers to producers of home appliances and mobile devices. Within this fast evolving landscape, Secura gets many customer request to validate these solutions. Moreover, Secura is actively working on standardization of security assessments for these various industries via the ECSO IoT working group for example.
As a part of our Security Assessment team, you will work together with your colleagues in testing IoT and application security and advising customers on design issues, secure coding practices and application security with a focus on (mobile) application hacking, a cloud configuration check (often) and hardware hacking. We are looking for a senior security specialist to perform complex penetration testing and to develop younger team member in this field.
Secura employs a motivated and dedicated team, with offices in the two main technological centers of the Netherlands: Eindhoven and Amsterdam. This role is focused on international customers and will include traveling when required.
What is it like to work at Secura? Watch the Working at Secura video.
As an IoT Security expert, you are responsible for:
- Assessing IT security of devices, systems, networks and applications, with strong focus on common IoT / wireless / embedded technology;
- Reverse engineering firmware and hardware;
- Fuzzing interfaces and breaking wireless protocols;
- An active approach in adapting/improving our security assessment methods;
- Providing consultancy to our clients in a self-sufficient way;
- Training and presenting for clients and internally;
- Contributing substantially to internal/external knowledge sharing via training courses, blog posts, articles, brochures, news items;
- Supporting and executing allocated R&D projects related to IoT;
- Providing support to others on projects and sharing your knowledge within the team.
You are an IoT Security expert with:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical field of study (IT, IT Security, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics);
- 2-8 years relevant working experience;
- Proven affinity and track record with IoT hacking, meaning skills in three or four of the following areas:
- reverse engineering on multiple architecture types (e.g. x86/x86-64/arm)
- hardware reverse engineering is a pre (JTAG, SPI, I2C; firmware dumping; chip-off techniques)
- radio frequency analysis (Bluetooth/BLe, Wi-Fi, LTE, ZigBee, custom RF protocols)
- extensive knowledge on various OSes (e.g. Android, iOS, Windows, OSX, Linux)
- common tools (e.g. Burp, Fiddler, IDA Pro, radare2, gdb, bus pirate)
- programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, PowerShell, Objective-C, Java)
- web technologies (e.g. RESTful APIs, web sockets)
- Good English (and preferably Dutch) communication skills (written and oral).
What can we offer you?
At Secura, every day is different. Together with a great passionate team this allows you to further develop and expand your knowledge and expertise in security. Secura has a high focus on knowledge development, offering you training courses and stimulating to participation in R&D projects.
We reward experience when we see it and our salaries are therefor based on the knowledge you will bring to Secura. As we are a growing organization, you have the opportunity to really make a difference within Secura and grow with us. The informal working atmosphere and open spaces in Amsterdam and Eindhoven are illustrative of our open and driven character.
Are you the IoT Security expert we are looking for?
We would like to receive your CV and motivation letter by mail via email@example.com. Do you have questions? Please contact Eefke Ruisbroek, Corporate Recruiter by phone +31 (0)6 48938971 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-employment screening and an assessment can be part of the recruitment procedure.