This training is suitable for:
- Managers or consultants involved in GDPR compliance;
- Experts involved in GRC (Governance Risk Compliance) that need a better understanding of the impact and rule setting by the GDPR;
- Individual responsible for processing of personal data and complying with the GDPR accordingly;
- Employees involved in the implementation of measures stipulated by the GDPR.
Required Skills & Expertise
A basic understanding of the GDPR.
The duration of this training course is 1 day.
1. GDPR overview
The training starts with a short introduction of the goals, history and main context of the GDPR and relevant additional standards and regulation regarding the processing of personal data. We will discuss the following topics:
- Course objectives and structure;
- Goals and history of the GDPR;
- Additional standards and regulation;
- Personal data processing, controllers and processors;
- The role of the Data Protection Officer;
- Performing Privacy Impact Assessments;
- The rights of the data subject;
- Preparing for, and dealing with data breaches;
- Demonstrating compliance;
- Fines and Supervisory Authority.
2. DPO and DPIA
The training continues with a short introduction of the GDPR articles and guidances regarding the DPO and DPIA. After an example of a DPIA a workshop will be held to become familiar with performing a DPIA yourself. This will be concluded with an evaluation.
3. Privacy by design and demonstrating compliance
Finally we will discuss the DPIA, the starting point of Privacy by Design. We will provide you with examples of best practice and recent developments in regulation. In a workshop you will be able to investigate and design data protection measures. At the end of the day we will explain how to demonstrate compliance and give a short introduction of a privacy audit and the NOREA Privacy Control framework.
- Recognize the domain of the GDPR and be able to place relevant guides, opinions and local implementations into context;
- A basic understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques available to effectively comply with the GDPR;
- Learn how the GDPR and UAVG (Uitvoeringswet AVG) might be interpreted in the specific context of an organization;
- Learn how to determine the priority issues;
- Being able to address the organizational function of the Data Protection Officer;
- Hands-on experience in how to perform a DPIA;
- Being able to use the DPIA for Privacy by Design;
- Initial understanding on how to demonstrate compliance and how to check and audit this.
If you are interested in hosting this interactive and tailored training at your company, please let us know via the contact form, by telephone +31 (0)88 888 31 00 or email email@example.com.