Cybersecurity Services for the Financial Sector
For every organization in the Financial Sector a high level of cyber resilience is essential. We are a trusted cybersecurity partner for Banks, Insurance companies, Pension funds, Investment companies, FinTech companies, Payment service providers, Crypto firms, Trading platforms.
> Markets > Financial Sector
Supply Chain Risks, Ransomware and more
Organizations in the financial sector face a rapidly changing digital landscape with many cybersecurity challenges. Like supply chain risks and ransomware attacks. Secura is a trusted cybersecurity partner for the financial sector worldwide. Let us support you.
Over 20 years of advanced cyber security experience
Highly qualified and motivated specialists
Worldwide cybersecurity partner
- Keeping up with cybersecurity regulations like DORA (Digital Operational Resilience Act)
- Third-party risk / supply chain risk
- Scarcity of cybersecurity professionals
- Malware and ransomware
The Euro Cyber Resilience Board has identified supply chain attacks and ransomware as key threats in the current environment, and artificial intelligence (AI) as an emerging threat.
Threat actors within the finance industry
The financial industry is a prime target for cybercriminals and is one of the most-attacked industries by cybercrime groups. These cybercriminals are mainly driven by financial gain and use a variety of methods for their attacks, for example ransomware, phishing, malware, digital fraud, vulnerability exploitation, supply chain issues, and DDoS attacks.
More threat actors with different motivations
In addition to cybercriminals, we see that there are other actors with different motivations, such as
- Hacktivists who are pursuing social or political goals.
- Nation state actors who are engaging in cyber espionage to cause disruption.
- Insiders who exploit trusting vulnerabilities for personal gain, revenge or data leakage.
- Sensationalists who attack systems primarily for fun.
- Cyber terrorists who are out for large-scale chaos and fear.
How we support you
Secura has been a cyber security company for over twenty years. We help large and medium sized organizations in the financial sector worldwide to raise their cyber resilience. Our security experts originate from over 23 countries, since digital attacks, and protection against them, know no boundaries.
Secura is the cybersecurity division of the Bureau Veritas Group, a listed company and world leader in testing, inspection and certification services.
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE
We have a strong background in working with financial institutions and are CREST certified. Some of the largest banks, insurers, pension funds, and payment providers trust us as a partner when it comes to security testing.
Our areas of expertise include:
External Attack Surface Assesment
AWARENESS & BEHAVIOR PROGRAM
VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT / PENETRATION TESTING (VAPT)
Incident response PRO
In our journey to raise cyber resilience in the finance sector, we've had the privilege of partnering with various financial organizations to successfully navigate the complex world of cybersecurity. These real world examples demonstrate our experience, creativity, and dedication to raising cyber resilience in the financial sector
Let's get in touch
Find out how Secura can help you raise your cyber resilience. Please fill out the form and we will contact you within one business day.
COUNTDOWN TO DORA... ONLY 1 YEAR LEFT
The Digital Operational Resilience Act (DORA ) is coming into effect on 17 January 2025. As we mark our calendars, it's crucial to remember that a significant shift in the financial sector's regulatory landscape will occur exactly one year from today.
A summary of the new DORA regulation
Nine questions and answers about the digital operational resilience act. Read the interview with Anne de Nies and Ben Brücker, both experts at Secura.
WEBINAR ON DEMAND - THE LATEST DORA REGULATORY TECHNICAL STANDARDS (RTS)
In this free webinar we will explore the new Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) within DORA. We will dissect the RTS's latest mandates through a practical virtual case study.
Dora Boardroom Training
Prepare your boardroom for DORA compliance with our comprehensive Boardroom Training. Learn to identify and address cyber risks, meet DORA requirements, and safeguard your organization's digital infrastructure. Secure your spot now.
Which standards and frameworks does Secura use?
It is important that the depth and width of your security test are unambiguous. That is why we use international norms and standards whenever possible. The standards we use depend on the assessment goal, the environment to be tested (architecture, platform, application, etcetera), sector requirements and regulations per country.
- The most important examples of the norms we use are:
- Application Security Validation Standard (ASVS) for web and mobile applications (M-ASVS
- Pentest Execution Standard (PTES)
- OWASP Application Security Testing Guide
- SANS-top 25: the most common and dangerous errors when making software
- Sectoral standards such as PCI-DSS, BIO, DigiD and others.
What are the steps of a successful security test?
Your security test should be as complete and accurate as possible, so that you can make the best decisions regarding your security. This is why we follow a structured approach to all our security assessments, consisting of 4 basic steps:
4. Re-assessment – optional. A re-assessment is meant to test if the mitigations you adopt after this test actually work.
How does Secura report findings?
In case of a security test, you will receive a report within 10 working days of the end of the security test. You will receive a written report containing:
- The answers to your research questions
- The standards that we applied during the assessment (for instance: guidelines, best practices or information security policy
- The methods and tools we used
- Our findings and recommendations, including a clear explanation and risk classification. In these technical chapters, we describe which vulnerabilities we discovered and how they can be reproduced.
- This way, engineers or developers tasked with remedying the vulnerabilities can take mitigating measures
- A classification of vulnerabilities according to CVSS3 (Common Vulnerability Scoring System).
Secura is a leading cybersecurity expert. Our customers range from government and healthcare to finance and industry worldwide. Secura offers technical services, such as vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and red teaming. We also provide certification for IoT and industrial environments, as well as audits, forensic services and awareness training. Our goal is to raise your cyber resilience.
Secura is a Bureau Veritas company. Bureau Veritas (BV) is a publicly listed company specialized in testing, inspection and certification. BV was founded in 1828, has over 80.000 employees and is active in 140 countries. Secura is the cornerstone of the cybersecurity strategy of Bureau Veritas.