Operational Technology is all around us. All the products we buy, the food we consume, the energy we use, we all depend on it. In all these sectors, some of them are known as critical infrastructure, and critical processes are managed through operational technology (OT) and information technology (IT) systems. Digital security of these systems is of increasing importance, as more and more OT systems are connected and controlled through IT systems. Moreover, cybercrime is also growing in the world of critical infrastructure, and last but not least, nation-states use cyberattacks for espionage or event to sabotage critical infrastructure.
Secura provides a broad range of services to assess, improve and verify the cyber resilience of our clients. We know that cyber-security within the industrial sector must be treated differently and understand the challenges that exist in both the IT and OT networks. To optimally serve our industrial customers we concentrated all our related expertise, knowledge, and experience in our Industrial market group. We are active in a variety of sectors: Energy & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Chemical Industry, Infra & Water, Food Production and Automotive. From a technical standpoint, we cover the security for both the IT and OT infrastructure. For IT this includes all on-premises and cloud systems and applications. For OT this includes all PLCs, SCADA systems, DCS controllers, Safety systems, HMI’s, and industrial applications. As we can cover both from the same team, we are able to focus on the interactions, dependencies, and security permitters between IT and OT. We also provide a complete and holistic approach and look beyond just the technology, we, therefore, include the effect of people (awareness, knowledge, behavior) and (security) processes.
We offer multiple services that are tailored to the industrial sector and its specific requirements. First our advisory services, for example, gap-analysis or risk assessments based on IEC 62443, IT & OT Site assessments, Threat modeling, a NIS compliance check, and a security maturity review. All these services are designed to support our customers to identify risks and improve their security resilience, no matter their current security maturity state. We also offer offensive services in the form of penetration tests and Red Teaming assignments, both in IT and OT environments. With these services, we help our customers to validate their current security countermeasures, test their defensive capabilities, and discover possible unknown vulnerabilities. On top of these services, we also provide specific OT security training, offer a comprehensive IT/OT security awareness & behavior program, and perform OT security research. One notable example is the recent release of OTCAD, an Operational Technology Cyber Attack Database, that consists of a mapping between known OT-related cyber-attacks and MITRE’s ATT&CK framework for ICS.
Our clients rely on their IT and OT infrastructure to deliver their business processes safely and reliably while at the same time managing the great challenge of their cyber security risks. For all these challenges they can rely on Secura and our security services.
Can we rely on you to support us to deliver these services?
As an OT Penetration Tester, you will be involved in offensive security assessments for various industries. You are specialized in one or more of the following areas such as threat modeling, application, and infrastructure penetration testing, internal penetration testing, red teaming engagements, hardware hacking, PLC/SCADA hacking both in OT environments. You are someone who can also adapt to the needs of our clients where you will use your expertise on special projects and work with clients on unique and tailored solutions. This job is focusing on the expansion of Secura in various industry domains in The Netherlands and internationally. Technical security assessments is our core business since 2000. Since 2017 we are expanded internationally and in specific industries. Your role will be essential within this development.
As OT Penetration Tester, you will:
- Execute offensive security assessments in IT and OT systems and will do this independently or as part of a small team. Assess OT security (industrial control systems, networks, and applications) on an intermediate level.
- Manage and execute assessments based on recognized frameworks or specific frameworks developed by Secura.
- Interpret security vulnerabilities, risks, policies, and procedures in relation to the operational business impact.
- Provide support in security design and security architecture of industrial networks.
- Assist customers with secure digital transformation and Industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Communicate with the client regarding scope alignment, progress, and reporting.
- Write reports about the conducted IT- security assessments and perform delivery calls.
- Assisting with our sales department. You will be assisting in identifying new clients, opportunities, bid support (opportunity definition), and acting as a point of contact for our sales contact to assist them in writing sales proposals and RFPs.
- Promote and use relevant services by Secura that has added value for the customer.
- Actively contribute to knowledge and service offering development.
- Contributing to internal research and development projects.
- A completed BSc/MSc/Ph.D. degree.
- 2+ years of relevant working experience within IT and OT.
- Preferable an OSCP, GICSP, or other relevant IT/OT security certifications.
- Practical security experience within industrial networks and industrial devices like PLC, DCS, Safety systems, and SCADA and passive security monitoring solutions.
- Technical knowledge and experience in application, cloud, mobile, or network security, or any other area in IT security.
- Preferably Red Team Experience.
- Good advisory skills and can communicate technical concepts and assessment results in relation to business impact.
- A supportive, proactive, and positive personality and you know how to attract and engage both customers and colleagues.
- Contributions to the IT Security community through internal and external knowledge sharing by delivering presentations and webinars and by writing interesting whitepapers, publications, blog posts, brochures, and other content.
- Good communication skills (written and oral) in English and preferably Dutch.
- Not a 9 to 5 mentality and traveling to customers, including accommodation, is no problem for you.
What can we offer you?
As Secura is a growing organization, with big ambitions, we can offer you a chance to grow along with us, both personally and professionally. Our team exists mainly of young professionals, who have a great passion for their profession and love to transfer their knowledge. The informal atmosphere allows people to be themselves and have fun at work. Overall, Secura is a great place to further develop your knowledge and expand your field of expertise.
We have a diverse client base in the industry, finance, public, critical infra, where defending the IT systems is of utmost importance. We reward good performance, and our salaries are therefore based on the knowledge, experience, and passion you bring to Secura. Secondary employment conditions are what you would expect from a progressive company and include 28 days of holidays (based on full-time employment) the possibility to purchase additional holiday days, flexible home working hours, and a bonus scheme.
Are you the OT Penetration Tester we are looking for?
We would like to receive your CV and motivation letter by mail via firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have questions? Contact one of our Corporate Recruiters by telephone +31 (0)88 888 3100 or email email@example.com.
Pre-employment screening and assessments are part of the selection process and annual social media screenings and checks of criminal records will be conducted.