Internet of Things (IoT) is a rapidly growing industry that covers a large range of internet-connected products and related services. Security of IoT is an important aspect for many of our customers, ranging from the automotive industry and medical device manufacturers to producers of home appliances and mobile devices.
Within this fast evolving landscape, Secura gets many customer request to validate these solutions. Moreover, Secura is actively working on standardization of security assessments for these various industries via the ECSO IoT working group for example.
As an IoT Security Expert you will work together with your colleagues in testing IoT and application security and advising customers on design issues, secure coding practices and application security with a focus on (mobile) application hacking, a cloud configuration check (often) and hardware hacking.
Secura employs a motivated and dedicated team, with offices in the two main technological centers of the Netherlands: Eindhoven and Amsterdam. This role is focused on international customers and will include traveling when required.
- Assessing IT security of devices, systems, networks and applications, with strong focus on common IoT / wireless / embedded technology;
- Reverse engineering firmware and hardware;
- Fuzzing interfaces and breaking wireless protocols;
- An active approach in adapting/improving our security assessment methods;
- Training and presenting for clients and internally;
- Contributing substantially to internal/external knowledge sharing via training courses, blog posts, articles, brochures, news items;
- Supporting and executing allocated R&D projects related to IoT;
- Providing support to others on projects and sharing your knowledge within the team.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in a technical field of study (IT, IT Security, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics);
- Proven affinity and track record with IoT hacking, meaning skills in a minimum of three of the following areas:
- reverse engineering on multiple architecture types (e.g. x86/x86-64/arm)
- hardware reverse engineering is a pre (JTAG, SPI, I2C; firmware dumping; chip-off techniques)
- radio frequency analysis (Bluetooth/BLe, Wi-Fi, LTE, ZigBee, custom RF protocols)
- extensive knowledge on various OSes (e.g. Android, iOS, Windows, OSX, Linux)
- common tools (e.g. Burp, Fiddler, IDA Pro, radare2, gdb, bus pirate)
- programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, PowerShell, Objective-C, Java)
- web technologies (e.g. RESTful APIs, web sockets)
- Good English (and preferably Dutch) communication skills (written and oral).
What can we offer you?
At Secura, every day is different. Together with a great passionate team this allows you to further develop and expand your knowledge and expertise in security. Secura has a high focus on knowledge development, offering you training courses and stimulating to participation in R&D projects.
We reward experience when we see it and our salaries are therefor based on the knowledge you will bring to Secura. As we are a growing organization, you have the opportunity to really make a difference within Secura and grow with us. The informal working atmosphere and open spaces in Amsterdam and Eindhoven are illustrative of our open and driven character.
Are you the IoT Security expert we are looking for?
We would like to receive your CV and motivation letter by mail via email@example.com.
Do you have questions? Contact one of our Corporate Recruiters by telephone +31 (0)88 888 3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-employment screening and a capacity test can be part of our recruitment process.