Whether we talk about IoT consumer products, automotive,
medical devices, or industrial control systems, security of embedded
systems is important and very often used in solutions, which combine
devices, systems, infrastructure, web and mobile applications. Within
this fast evolving landscape, Secura gets many customer requests to
validate these solutions. Moreover, Secura is actively working on
standardization of security assessments for these various industries.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a (Senior) Certification Specialist. In this role, your main task will be to perform the assessments of either embedded products, software or web/mobile applications, in line with the applicable security evaluation methodology or standards. In this role, the focus will be especially on the part of understanding and performing the process and documentation specific requirements, part of a standard or certification scheme. Testing activities are optional to this role. Direct interaction with the customer for the purpose of defining the assessment scope, as well as during the assessment execution is expected as well. Finally, the role will provide opportunities for security consultancy (process and documentation topics) given to the customer, especially regarding the way in which they can address the security issues resulting from the conducted assessment.
Besides the involvement in customer assessments, this role offers continuous opportunities for researching and contributing to new standards or security evaluation schemes, as well as being involved in international security organizations focused on these topics.
As a (Senior) Certification Specialist you will:
- Perform (parts) of security evaluation projects related to particular compliance and certification schemes. Parts could be related to documentation/design review, software/hardware testing, processes auditing;
- Report the results of the assessment, and directly interact with the customers in order to explain them the results of the assessment and way forward;
- Align with the customers for the purpose of understanding their needs in terms of security evaluation;
- Provide consultancy for the customers, in order to address their security needs or findings;
- Support the Secura Account Managers in the process of defining a lead, by providing the intended project approach and effort estimation;
- Attend relevant events, meetings and conferences and use them as an opportunity to meet and interact with customers;
- Support and execute allocated R&D projects;
- Contribute substantially to internal/external knowledge sharing via training courses, blog posts, articles, brochures, news items
- Train and present for clients and internal;
- Actively support in the process of obtaining new licenses/accreditation's, required in order to perform security evaluation projects under specific evaluation and certification schemes.
What you need to have:
- A completed Bachelor’s or Master’s, in a relevant (technical) domain;
- 2-5 years of relevant working experience (>5 years for a Senior position);
- Affinity and experience with IoT security evaluation standards (or strong will to develop in this area);
- A strong drive to understand the needs of the customers, and map them to possible offered services;
- Passion about maintaining and further developing the range of offered services;
- Customer oriented mentality, focused on delivering what it is expected in the required timeframe, while at the same time not cutting on the level of technical quality;
- Flexibility for occasional business trips either at the location of the customer, or for the purpose of conferences or relevant meetings/events;
At Secura we have:
A different day every day. Together with a great passionate team, you
will have the chance to further develop and expand your knowledge and
expertise in security. Secura has a high focus on knowledge development,
offering you training courses and stimulating to participation in
We reward experience when we see it and our salaries are therefor based on the knowledge you will bring to Secura. As we are a growing organization, you have the opportunity to really make a difference within Secura and grow with us. Secura employs a motivated and dedicated team, with offices in the two main technological centers of the Netherlands: Eindhoven and Amsterdam. This role can be fulfilled from both of these locations.
Are you the (Senior) Certification Specialist we are looking for?
We would like to receive your resume and motivation letter by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have questions? Feel free to ask! Contact one of our Recruiters via telephone number +31 (0)88 888 31 00 or by e-mail email@example.com.
Pre-employment screening and assessments are part of the selection process. Social media screenings and declaration of good conduct are checked annually.