As a student, you have:
- An HBO or WO level of education in the relevant domain.
- Experience with Virtual Machine automation (e.g. Ansible, Vagrant)
- Familiarity with Kali Linux and/or common pentest tools is a pre.
- The ability to work well in an international team environment;
- Good communication skills
- Clear documentation writing skills.
The project you will be working on:
At Secura we make extensive use of Virtual Machines in our security assessments. We make use of open source and our own tooling to perform penetration tests for our clients. In order to improve the efficiency in our way of working, the setup and deployment of VM’s for our consultants should ideally be automated. This internship will focus on the creation of a standardized and automated setup of VM’s for our consultants.
As an intern you will:
- Gain familiarity with the different security assessments we perform and the tooling used through interviews with various stakeholders.
- Research Virtual Machine automation solutions.
- Create template Virtual Machines for different kinds of assessments, taking into account the required tooling for each type of assessment.
- Automate the creation of Virtual Machines based on these templates.
- Implement periodic automatic updates of the created templates.
- Document the standardized way of working with VM’s.
As a stretch goal, create a Virtual Machine template with a network traffic routing role to allow or deny traffic to specific endpoints.